Product added to cart
Peter Lynn Skim
As low as £229.00
The Peter Lynn Skim is a 3-line trainer kite that can easily be re-launched even from the water making it perfectly suitable for those body dragging sessions to get used to controlling a kite while in the water.
Peter Lynn believes anybody should be able to enjoy wind powered (water) sports the Skim offers an easy yet challenging learning curve perfect for those important first steps into this exhilarating world. Its superb flight characteristics and 3rd line safety make the Skim perfect to learn the basics in full control and confidence.
Whilst the Skim kite has been developed to offer a perfect balance between power and stability, the power can build up quite a bit even when body dragging in the water, so you can rapidly learn aspects where the wind window creates the most power and which sections produce the least. The Skim can even be used as a training aid to learn the basics of a land board, buggy or even ski's.
The Peter Lynn Skim is flown on a 3-line control bar with safety system, to get an experience as close as possible to kiteboarding or landboarding right from the start. The extra centre line, the Life line, makes a very easy instant relaunch possible, even from the water.
From easy going light winds to high wind body dragging fun, the Skim has a big wind range which makes it an excellent kite to make quick progression. It flies very easy in light winds, so beginners feel safe and confident flying it, but it also performs very well in high winds, where the Skim is easily powerful enough for some body dragging fun.
Safe and Easy:
The third line on the Skim has a double function. Firstly it connects the trailing edge of the canopy to a wrist strap, so when you let go of the bar the kite will completely depower and drop to the ground. Its second function is to help you relaunch when the kite is nose down on the ground. To make your life easy, the lines have been pre-attached.
Designed as a trainer kite, the Skim has been tuned to fly extremely stable in all kinds of conditions, to give the flyer a safe feeling and - above all - FUN experience at all times. The great stability ensures that you will be flying as much as possible without having to struggle to keep the kite in the air. In short, you can progress fast without hassle.
The Skim is very easy to fly in its lower wind range, it responds exceptionally well to steering input and turns smoothly. As the Skim is flown on a bar, the chance of over-steering the kite is reduced to zero. Its specially designed profiles ensure the perfect balance between speed and control.
- Low Aspect Ratio - The aspect ratio of the Impulse TR ensures a high stability and used friendliness. The profile used in the Impulse TR ensures a smooth flying speed and power across the whole wind window.
- Crossvented Profiles - The profiles contain carefully placed cross-vents to ensure all the cells of the kite to fill with air quickly improving stability and (re)launch. The cross-vents are reinforced with webbing to minimize the chance of cells ripping after a hard crash.
- Reinforced Air Intakes and Bridle Points - The air intakes are reinforced with webbing, the bridle points are connected to the profiles with a double stitched seam, increasing durability.
- Dirt Channels and Velcro Dirt Outs - Sand and dirt can easily be removed from the kite by using the Velcro dirt-outs in the wingtips. The dirt can move towards the tips via the Dirt channel along the trailing edge.
- High Quality Fabrics - With a smooth 40D Mirai top and bottom skin the deck shape is smooth, light and extremely durable. The 70D profiles also ensure maximum durability.
- Life Lines - The Impulse TR features a setup with two flying lines and a centre line, called the Life line. This extra line makes a very easy relaunch possible and is part of the safety system.
- Trainer Bar with Safety System - The Trainer bar is designed especially for the Impulse TR, making the kite package plug and play. The safety system allows you to instantly lose all power from the kite without losing the kite itself.
- Velcro Bridle Loop - to minimize the chance of bridles getting tangled when packing the kite.
Includes kite, storage bag, flying lines, 3-line control bar, and instruction manual.
Write Your Own Review
free shipping over £50
Hassle Free Returns